Are You Dealing with Back Pain?
posted: Dec. 17, 2019.
Our chiropractors in Tampa, Florida can help you feel better.
Acute or chronic back pain can keep you from enjoying your life. Every move you make can be excruciating. You may end up spending your time on the couch, afraid to move. The good news is, there are effective treatments for back pain. Chiropractors Dr. George Kollias, Dr. Autumn Scaz, and Dr. Elissa Pally at Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy in Tampa, Florida offer a wide range of services, including therapies to help with back pain.
There are many reasons why you might have back pain. Car accidents, sports injuries, poor body mechanics, and bad posture can all contribute to giving you a sore back. Remember to follow these important tips to protect your back:
- Sleep on a good medium-firm mattress that supports you
- Wear good shoes that support your feet and legs, avoid flip-flops and high heels
- Avoid carrying around a heavy purse or wallet because your balance and posture may suffer
- Keep moving to remain flexible and don’t stay in the same position for long periods of time
- Make good posture a habit and avoid slouching or hunching your shoulders
- If you play sports, wear appropriate footwear and protective gear
- Warm-up and stretch before performing any activity, task, or sport
- Maintain a healthy weight to avoid putting stress on your back
You can try a few simple home remedies like these for mild, occasional back pain:
- Placing heat or ice packs on your back several times each day
- Taking over-the-counter pain or anti-inflammatory medication
- Doing gentle movements and stretches to reduce stiffness
For moderate or severe back pain that doesn’t go away on its own, it’s time to see your chiropractor. At Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy, our chiropractors may recommend several treatments including:
- Massage and physical therapy
- Spinal decompression and adjustment
These are just a few of the effective treatments your chiropractors may recommend for back pain. You deserve to live a life free of pain, and your chiropractor can help. For more information about back pain treatment and other treatment options call the chiropractors at Sheldon Road Chiropractic & Massage Therapy in Tampa, Florida today.